- What’s the organisation’s story / aims / mission? (was this the same as the impression you got from their website and social media before talking to them?)
- What kind of presence do they have online?
- Do they use other forms of promotion?
- Who are their target audiences?
- How can you connect to this audience? (through other organisations etc)
Shaping your strategy
Tone of voice:
- Who are the people?
- What are they like?
- What do they do?
- What are you trying to achieve?
- How do they connect with the organisations Mission? Vision? Values?
- What do you want the audience to do?
- Identify three / five key words that reinforce the organisations mission
- What is the right tone of voice?
#Wonder #Curiosity #Discover #Intimate #Provoke
Find hashtags we can adopt
Create our own hashtags
Consider people we ought to be engaging with – brands, places, people
Choose three words from your lexicon and explore the city and your adopted organisation for images that capture or portray these words
Stray off the beaten track, take twists and turns, discover new things.
Write a short poem or story to publish and share.
Think about how your 3 words can connect with BID’s aims and initiatives
- Canterbury in Bloom
- Street Cleaning
- The night time economy
Tips and Tricks
- Set up a Social Media calendar that ensures you are engaging at key times & supporting the residency and your organisation as effectively as possible.
- Set themes across the week / month so that followers know what to expect – example #HowToTuesday (how to make the perfect coffee etc)
- Tag likeminded people, organisations and brands
- Make lists of people you might want to engage with and who might share your posts
- Ask questions to encourage engagement and interaction
- Use big beautiful pictures and videos where possible – they have a higher proven engagement rate
- Can you run competitions that encourage engagement and potential footfall to your organisation